Monday, March 2, 2015
This time of the year is always opportune to get a jump start on spring cleaning. Do you feel like your closet has become too cluttered, yet you can never find anything to wear? It definitely might be time to downsize your wardrobe. Here are a few key pieces that can immediately be tossed:
1. The Out-of-Date- Holding onto your favorite jacket from Highschool? College Sweatshirts? Horribly out of season clothing with hope that they'll com back in style? Maybe it's time to face the facts. Some trends will never again see the light of day. Don't be afraid to do away with the velour suits, and awful graphic tees from 2003. It's been a decade already.
2. The "I'll fit into it"- I'm guilty of this as well. Purchasing items, ill-fitting or too small, thinking " I can't possibly pass this up, I'll just lost lbs and it will be perfect." As crushing as this is, go ahead and save yourself the trouble and closet space. If you are not absolutely commited to a weightloss plan or things of that nature, go ahead and part ways. It's find, I won't tell.
3. The Unsalvageable- This should be a no-brainer, yet it something that we all struggle with. I guess it has something to do with letting go of sentimental items. But if it performs no function, except for sitting in back of your closet collecting dust, then what good is it really doing for you?
Sunday, March 1, 2015
The month of March signifies many things. For some, it's the changing the seasons, goodbye to winter and hello to the beginning of spring. For some, it's the high point of events like March Madness, the Rodeo (if you're from Texas), and Spring Break. For me, March signifies rejuvenation. The sun begins to peak through a little more, and flowers are just beginning to bud. Although my schedule is going to be crazy busy this month, I'm so excited for the what I've been working to bring you guys:
- A Spring Cleaning Series on you Wardrobe and Closet
- A Spring Lookbook
- Style Files on some of the hottest trends from street style and the runway.
- Possibly the start of a tour through Houston's hottest thrifting spots.
- And covering some cool events like the Rodeo!!
Stay Tuned and Stay Beautiful,
Sunday, February 22, 2015
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Happy Friday Eve!! No news on relocating just yet but I am scouring my current residence for the perfect place to shoot. Taking your own photos can be tricky however not impossible. Working with lighting is key. We'll see where the hunt takes me!!
Monday, February 16, 2015
Well, it's that time again....THE BEGINNING of the week. Coming from an like weekend jam-packed with both Valentine's Day and NBA All Stars, anyone would dread coming into work today. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel. While I don't have anything special coming to you today, do enjoy some other bloggers that I'm reading.
Malibu Mara || http://www.malibumara.com/
Purple and Ruby's || http://purplerubys.blogspot.com/
Style Krush || http://style-krush.blogspot.com/
Honestly WTF || http://honestlywtf.com/
I hope they give you a much inspiration as they give me. Happy Monday loves, and I'll be back with more posts soon!!
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Well it's that time of the year again. Valentines's Day is the one day of the of year to show a little extra love to the ones you truly care about. Whether the day's festivities include dinner and a movie, fine dining or even doughnuts at midnight, we got you covered on the perfect outfit.
Look 1-An Intimate Gathering
Look 2- Gallery Opening
Look 3- Dinner and a movie
Look 4- Dancing
Shoes- Just FAB
Look 5- Doughnuts at Midnight
Denim- Charlotte Russe
Plaid Button Down- F21
I'm so in love with the looks this year because they're great for the girl who does not own a lot of red/pink, nor cares to. What will you be stepping out in this year? Are you going out or staying in? Leave your response in the comments below!!
Sunday, February 8, 2015
A night to celebrate the music industry's top entertainers, the Grammy's does not disappoint in performances. It is also a night artists show out in terms of outfits. Here are just a few of the looks.
The Top Players
The ladies glimmered in shades of silver. Katy Perry (Left in Zuhair Murad Couture), Rita Ora (middle), and Lady Gaga (Right in Brandon Maxwell)
These two showstoppers left crowds at a standstill in their stunning one-of-a-kind gowns. Ciara (Left in Alexandee Vauthier), and Rhianna (right in Giambattista Valli Couture)
These looks left me wondering why??? While a couple only slightly missed the mark (KimK and Iggy), others...not so much (Madonna and Zendaya)
AND last but not least, the Best Dressed Celeb of the Night Goes To.....
Swift absolutely dazzles in Elie Saab. With the perfect combination of leg just peeping through a floor-length skirt, Taylor nails in a gorgeous shade of oceanic blue. I think she's finally found her balance .
Who were your favorite celebrity outfits of the night? Leave your comments below!!